Multiplex Western blotting is a powerful tool that allows you to get more out of your Western blots. Multiplex detection becomes possible when you utilize the MPX™ (Multiplex) Blotting System and LI-COR IRDye® near-infrared fluorescent dye-labeled secondary antibodies.
Multiplex Westerns can be imaged on any of the Odyssey® Imagers and provide results for a possible maximum of 48 targets on a single membrane — 24 per channel with two-color detection — and the option for quantitative analysis, saving you time and reagents! The MPX Blotting System can be used if you need to optimize:
- Primary antibodies – to determine the primary antibody that has the right specificity and the right dilution for use
- Antibody incubation times
- Blocking conditions – which blocking buffer will give you the optimum results
- Secondary antibodies – what dilutions is best to use without getting a lot of non-specific binding?
- Or just about anything else you need to optimize!
Watch this 4 minute video on how easy it is to get the most out of multiplexing with the MPX Blotting System. You can also download the handy MPX Blotter User Guide.