IRDye® Infrared Dyes
LI-COR is proud to accept this prestigious award from Frost & Sullivan. Learn more.
IRDye Infrared Dyes and near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent imaging deliver enhanced sensitivity due to low background autofluorescence in the near-infrared region and, therefore, higher signal to noise ratios. IRDye fluorescent dyes have absorption and emission wavelengths in the NIR spectrum, between 680 and 800 nm.
- Optimized for use with LI-COR® Infrared Imaging Systems*
- Can be used with a variety of instruments that offer near-infrared excitation and emission
- Designed for antibody, protein, DNA, and peptide labeling
- Suitable for many applications, including quantitative Western blot detection, In-Cell Western™ assays, EMSAs, ELISA, Northern blots, protein arrays, fluorescence microscopy, tissue sections, and in vivo imaging (Applications vary depending on the IRDye. Please refer to specific dye page.)
IRDye Infrared Dyes are ideal for simultaneous, multicolor imaging applications.
- Narrow emission spectra
- No crossover between fluorophores
Table 1. IRDye Characteristics
|Dye||Exmax (nm)*||Emmax (nm)*||Reactive Group||LI-COR channel|
|IRDye 800CW||778||794||800 nm|
|IRDye 680RD||680||694||700 nm|
|IRDye 680LT||680||694||700 nm|
|IRDye 700DX||680||687||—||700 nm|
|IRDye 800RS||770||786||—||800 nm|
|IRDye 700 phosphoramidite||—||—||—||—||700 nm|
|IRDye 800 phosphoramidite||—||—||—||—||800 nm|
*Data performed using methanol as the solvent.
IRDye Infrared Dyes and near-infrared imaging deliver enhanced sensitivity.
Many products from the IRDye Family of infrared dyes are being used in several assays from other life science companies:
LI-COR® Clinical Translational Research seeks to facilitate the use of IRDye® 800CW imaging agents in clinical studies for detection of disease and its progression, and for monitoring of treatment and drug efficacy. Learn More
*IRDye 750 and IRDye 650 are not optimal for use on LI-COR imaging systems.