Leaf Area Index
Choose from the Leaf Area Index Applications below to view video demonstrations of the LAI-2200 in action.
Grasslands are among the easiest canopy types to measure with the LAI-2200. This video provides a brief description of sampling considerations when estimating grassland Leaf Area Index with the LAI-2200. The main points are:
- Use the bubble levels to ensure that the sensor is level.
- A view cap should be used to block any foreign objects from view.
- Be sure to use the same view cap for associated above and below readings.
- Orient the sensor in the same compass direction for associated above and below readings.
- A single "above" canopy reading can be used for multiple "below" canopy readings if sky conditions are stable.