CellVue® Burgundy Fluorescent Cell Labeling Kit
Product Ordering Information
The CellVue Burgundy cell linker kit uses proprietary membrane labeling technology to stably incorporate a fluorescent dye with long aliphatic tails (CellVue Burgundy) into lipid regions of the cell membrane1. The labeling vehicle provided with the kit (Diluent C) is an iso-osmotic aqueous solution which contains no physiologic salts or buffers, detergents, or organic solvents and is designed to maintain cell viability while maximizing dye solubility and staining efficiency.
The pattern of staining is dependent upon the cell type being labeled and the membranes of the cells2,3. CellVue products have been reported to be useful for short-term in vitro cell proliferation studies4, cell tracking in isolated organ preparation applications5 and cell tracking using the Pearl® Small Animal Imaging System or Odyssey® CLx or Odyssey Classic Infrared Imaging System.6
1. Horan, P. K., and Slezak, S. E., Nature, 340, 167-168 (1989).
2. Horan, P. K., et al., Methods Cell Biol., 33, 469-490 (1990).
3. Poon, R.Y., et al. In Living Color: Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Protocols, Diamond, R. A., and DeMaggio, S. (Eds.). p. 302-352 (Springer-Verlag, New York, 2000).
4. Stewart, C. C., Woodring, M. L., Podniesinski, E. and Gray, B. D. Flow Cytometer in the Infrared: Inexpensive Modifications to a Commercial Instrument. Cytometry, Part A, 67A, #2, 104-111 (2005).
5. Al-Mehdi, A-B, et al. Increased Depth of Cellular Imaging in the Intact Lung Using Far Red and Near Infrared Fluorescent Probes. Int. J. Biomed. Imag., Vol 2006, Article ID 37470, p 1-7.
6. Thomas, D. L., et al., Experimental Manipulations of Afferent Immune Responses Influence Efferent Immune Responses to Brain Tumors. Cancer Immunol. Immunother.Sep, 57(9): 1323-33 (2008).