IRDye® QC-1 Infrared Dye
The first nonfluorescent (dark) quencher compatible with a wide range of visible and near-infrared fluorophores (~500 – 800 nm)
- Used for FRET (fluorescence resonance energy transfer) applications such as protease assays
- Efficient nonfluorescent quenching of near-infrared (NIR) dyes
- Widest available quenching range – no need to carefully match the donor's fluorescence spectrum with the acceptor's absorbance
- Pair IRDye QC-1 with any visible or near-infrared fluorophore within its wide wavelength range
IRDye QC-1 quencher can be used in protease assays.
- Quenches common fluorophores with >97% efficiency1
Figure 1. Energy that is transferred from the donor (Dem) can be emitted at the acceptor's wavelength (Aem), quenching fluorescence.
1. Peng, X et al. A nonfluorescent, broad range quencher dye for Fõrster resonance energy transfer assays. Anal Biochem. 388(2):220-28 (2009)
|Solvent||Ext. Coef. M-1cm-1||Absorption Max nm||MW g/mole|