IRDye® QC-1 Infrared Dye
The first nonfluorescent (dark) quencher compatible with a wide range of visible and near-infrared fluorophores (~500 – 800 nm)
- Used for FRET (fluorescence resonance energy transfer) applications such as protease assays
- Efficient nonfluorescent quenching of near-infrared (NIR) dyes
- Widest available quenching range – no need to carefully match the donor's fluorescence spectrum with the acceptor's absorbance
- Pair IRDye QC-1 with any visible or near-infrared fluorophore within its wide wavelength range
IRDye QC-1 quencher can be used in protease assays.
- Quenches common fluorophores with >97% efficiency1
Figure 1. Energy that is transferred from the donor (Dem) can be emitted at the acceptor's wavelength (Aem), quenching fluorescence.
Many products from the IRDye Family of infrared dyes are being used in assays from other life science companies:
1. Peng, X et al. A nonfluorescent, broad range quencher dye for Fõrster resonance energy transfer assays. Anal Biochem. 388(2):220-28 (2009)
|Solvent||Ext. Coef. M-1cm-1||Absorption Max nm||MW g/mole|