SmartFlux is the on-site processing and GPS synchronization component of LI-COR eddy covariance systems. At the heart of SmartFlux is EddyPro® Software. Running on a microcomputer inside the SmartFlux module, EddyPro provides fully processed flux results in real time using raw data from a LI-COR gas analyzer and a sonic anemometer.
The SmartFlux System is included with the purchase of an LI-7500DS or LI-7200RS gas analyzer. It also is available as an upgrade for existing eddy covariance flux systems.
- Fully processed eddy covariance fluxes—sensible heat, latent heat, evapotranspiration, CO2, H2O, and CH4—along with raw data, biomet data, metadata, and diagnostics.
- Advanced site-specific raw data processing, including in situ spectral corrections, customizable planar fit approaches, and more.
- Precision clock synchronization within sites and across sites using GPS/PTP time alignment of high-speed data, including the sonic anemometer and gas analyzer measurements, and low-speed data, such as biomet data.
- SmartFlux can be mounted at the base of the eddy covariance station, making it easy to access logged data and flux results from the removable USB drive.
- Automatic transfer of raw and processed data files to FluxSuite, a network server, or a private repository, such as Dropbox.
- Ability to collect, integrate, and synchronize data from LI-8100/LI-8100A automated soil flux systems with your eddy covariance fluxes in a single file.
- Collect and send images from your PhenoCam to FluxSuite, the PhenoCam network, or your own server for downstream image analysis.
- Georeferenced measurements and flux footprint make results easy to use in geographical applications, such as remote sensing and modeling.
- Digital sonic anemometer data integration (with SmartFlux2/3).
SmartFlux incorporates Biomet data collected on a variety of data loggers, including the LI-COR biomet systems, giving you the flexibility to build the eddy covariance system that meets your needs.