The Quick Western Kit provides a universal detection reagent that can be combined with the primary antibody incubation step, eliminating the need for a secondary antibody incubation step. This reduces the overall time to complete a Western blot and provides the advantages of near-infrared fluorescence detection.
The kit also serves as a detection solution for post-immunoprecipitation samples by Western blot because it does not bind to denatured mouse monoclonal or rabbit monoclonal antibodies. (See Detection of Post-IP Proteins with Western blots using the Quick Western Kit). The key benefit is the ability to use the same antibody for immunoprecipitation and post-immunoprecipitation detection by Western blot.
- Does not require a separate primary antibody incubation step, saving time and antibody
- Is a faster detection method compared to the traditional 2-step method, which can take up to 4 hours
- Reduces the total Western blot procedure by at least 90 minutes
- Eliminates the use of labeled secondary antibodies and associated washes
- Eliminates the need to purchase multiple secondary antibodies
- Allows you to use the same antibody for immunoprecipitation (IP) and post-IP detection by Western blot
Use a Universal Detection Method
The Quick Western Kit works with a variety of primary antibodies.
IRDye 680RD Detection Reagent is known to have high specificity for IgG from:
- Guinea Pig
The IRDye 680RD Detection Reagent does not work with chicken, but it has been shown to recognize primary antibodies to recombinant tagged proteins (such as 6X His, Myc, and FLAG).
The Detection Reagent has been specifically tested and qualified for Western blot applications. If additional specificity and/or affinity are required, please use IRDye secondary antibodies for detection.
- IRDye 680RD Detection Reagent
- Intercept® (PBS) Blocking Buffer
- Quick Reference Card